Saturday, January 1, 2011

STICK WITH IT! – 1-2-11


Acts 2:42 And they continued stedfastly in the apostles’ doctrine (DISCIPLESHIP) and fellowship (FELLOWSHIP), and in breaking of bread, and in prayers. 43. And fear came upon every soul: and many wonders and signs were done by the apostles. 44. And all that believed were together, and had all things common; 45. And sold their possessions and goods, and parted them to all men, as every man had need. (MINISTRY) 46. And they, continuing daily with one accord in the temple, and breaking bread from house to house (FAMILIES), did eat their meat with gladness and singleness of heart, 47. Praising God, (WORSHIP) and having favour with all the people. And the Lord added to the church daily such as should be saved. (EVANGELISM)
§  CONTINUE - To be in existence or in a certain state for an indefinitely long time: abide, endure, go on, hold out, last, persist, remain, stay.
o  1) JANUARY – PRAYER: Prayer Week, Prayer Journeys through the City
o  2) FEBRUARY–APRIL: GOD’S WORD: Memorize 90, 
o  3) MAY–JUNE: EVANGELISM: Holy Ghost Revival, Outreach Blasts
o  4) JULY–AUGUST: FELLOWSHIP: Fellowship in Homes, Church-wide Celebrations
o  5) SEPTEMBER–OCTOBER: FAMILY MONTH: Oct 31st Harvest Party
o  6) NOVEMBER–DECEMBER: SERVANTHOOD: Serve in Soup Kitchens, etc
 STICK WITH IT!
STABILITY
§  Reliability in withstanding pressure, force, or stress: fastness, firmness, hardness, security, soundness, stableness, steadiness, strength, sturdiness, sureness, durability, integrity solidity, wholeness.
§  Psalms 1:1-3 Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful. 2. But his delight is in the law of the LORD; and in his law doth he meditate day and night. 3. And he shall be like A TREE PLANTED BY THE RIVERS OF WATER, that bringeth forth his fruit in his season; his leaf also shall not wither; and whatsoever he doeth shall prosper.
The anchor holds - This was written during a time of discouragement and personal sadness after Lawrence Chewning‘s wife suffered her third miscarriage.

The anchor holds
Though the ship is battered
The anchor holds
Though the sails are torn
I have fallen on my knees

As I faced the raging seas
The anchor holds
In spite of the storm
were only grains of sand

I’ve had visions
I’ve had dreams
I’ve even held them in my hand
But I never knew
They would slip right through
Like they were only grains of sand
TENACITY
§  The quality or state of being stubbornly unyielding: bullheadedness, doggedness, hardheadedness, mulishness, pigheadedness, tenaciousness, willfulness.
§  2 Cor 11:23-27 Are they ministers of Christ? (I speak as a fool) I am more; in labours more abundant, in stripes above measure, in prisons more frequent, in deaths oft. 24. Of the Jews five times received I forty stripes save one. 25. Thrice was I beaten with rods, once was I stoned, thrice I suffered shipwreck, a night and a day I have been in the deep; 26. In journeyings often, in perils of waters, in perils of robbers, in perils by mine own countrymen, in perils by the heathen, in perils in the city, in perils in the wilderness, in perils in the sea, in perils among false brethren; 27. In weariness and painfulness, in watchings often, in hunger and thirst, in fastings often, in cold and nakedness.
§  2 Cor 4:8-10 We are troubled on every side, yet not distressed; we are perplexed, but not in despair; 9. Persecuted, but not forsaken; cast down, but not destroyed; 10. Always bearing about in the body the dying of the Lord Jesus, that the life also of Jesus might be made manifest in our body.
IMAGINE
§  THE GENIUS OF IMAGINATION: “Imagination is more important than knowledge . . . Knowledge itself is limited, but imagination encircles the world. When I examine myself and my methods of thought, I come close to the conclusion that the gift of imagination has meant more to me than my talent for absorbing absolute knowledge.” ~ Albert Einstein
§  Ephesians 3:20 Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us,
COURAGE
§  The quality of mind enabling one to face danger or hardship resolutely: braveness, courageousness, dauntlessness, fearlessness, fortitude, gallantry, heart, intrepidity, mettle, nerve, pluck, pluckiness, spirit, , undauntedness, valiance, valor
§  Judg 6:11-12 And there came an angel of the LORD, and sat under an oak which was in Ophrah, that pertained unto Joash the Abi-ezrite: and his son Gideon threshed wheat by the winepress, to hide it from the Midianites. 12. And the angel of the LORD appeared unto him, and said unto him, The LORD is with thee, thou mighty man of valour.
KEEP THE MAIN THING THE MAIN THING!
§  1 Cor 2:2 For I determined not to know any thing among you, save Jesus Christ, and him crucified.
§  In Christ Alone by Brian Littrell



In Christ alone will I glory 
Though I could pride myself in battles won 
For I've been blessed beyond measure 
And by His strength alone I overcome 
Oh I could stop and count successes 
Like diamonds in my hand 
But those trophies could not equal 
To the grace by which I stand 


Chorous 
In Christ alone I place my trust 
And find my glory in the power of the cross 
In every victory let it be said of me 
My source of strength,

my source of hope is Christ alone


In Christ alone will I glory 
For only by His grace I am redeemed 
And only His tender mercy 
Could reach beyond my weakness 
to my need 

Now I seek no greater honor 
Than just to know Him more 
And to count my gains 
But losses to the glory of my Lord




No comments:

Post a Comment