Thursday, January 13, 2011

4) DIVINE PROSPERITY – 1.12.11



I. THE INTERVAL – This is the time BETWEEN the dream and the destiny.
§ From his birth until seventeen years of age, his family life was in transition - everyone was unsettled, on the move.
§ From seventeen to age thirty we find Joseph reaching out to manhood and his life seems out of control - Enslavement, unfair accusations, and imprisonment assault him.
§ However, we find that his last EIGHTY years of life are filled with
       Ø prosperity and
       Ø reward under God’s blessing.
§ Through everything, “the LORD was with Joseph, and shewed him mercy (Gen 39:21).”
§ Joseph’s greatest act in his prosperity was never forgetting his father’s house.

II. JOSEPH WAS GREAT MAINLY, BECAUSE OF HIS ATTITUDE.
THERE ARE TWO MAIN WAYS TO HAVE A RIGHT ATTITUDE.

#1). WHEN I'M ABLE, BY FAITH, TO TRUST GOD'S PLAN  
Ø Hebrews 11:1 Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. 2. For by it the elders obtained a good report. 3. Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear.

#2). TO SENSE GOD'S HAND IN MY SITUATION
Ø Phil 4:11-13 Not that I speak in respect of want: for I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content. 12. I know both how to be abased, and I know how to abound: every where and in all things I am instructed both to be full and to be hungry, both to abound and to suffer need. 13. I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.
v I don’t wait for my situation to change before I put my heart into my work,
v It’s called “blooming where you’re planted.”
IIi. 3 WAYS TO GAIN PROSPERITY

#1). THINK PROSPEROUS
Ø Proverbs 23:7 For as he thinketh in his heart, so is he:

#2). SPEAK PROSPEROUS
Ø Matt 17:20 And Jesus said unto them, Because of your unbelief: for verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you.

v Faith must be spoken into existence
v If we desire to have prosperity, then we must speak prosperity

v My family will be saved
v I will over come this obstacle
v My husband/ wife will stop driving me crazy
v We will stop spending more money than we earn
v We will get out of financial bondage
v We will have revival
v I will reach my goal teaching Bible Studies
v I will get that new job
v I will get that raise
v I shall heal the broken relationships in my life
v I will rejoice in the life that God has allowed me to have
v I will improve my attitude
v I will improve my situation

Ø With the Spirit of God indwelling us, we must speak prosperity into existence.
Ø We do this with the help of the Word of God
Ø Romans 10:17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

WE MUST HAVE AN “I WILL” ATTITUDE
Ø Ps 7:17-8:1 I will praise the LORD according to his righteousness 
Ø Ps 9:2 I will be glad and rejoice in thee: I will sing praise to thy name, O thou most High.
Ø Ps 56:11 In God have I put my trust: I will not be afraid what man can do unto me. 
Ø Ps 119:32 I will run the way of thy commandments, when thou shalt enlarge my heart.
Ø Ps 34:1 I will bless the LORD at all times: his praise shall continually be in my mouth.

WE MUST HAVE AN “I SHALL” ATTITUDE

Ø Ps 26:1 Judge me, O LORD; for I have walked in mine integrity: I have trusted also in the LORD; therefore I shall not slide.
Ø Ps 30:5-6 For his anger endureth but a moment; in his favour is life: weeping may endure for a night, but joy cometh in the morning. 6. And in my prosperity I said, I shall never be moved.
Ø Ps 119:117 Hold thou me up, and I shall be safe: and I will have respect unto thy statutes continually.
Ø Ps 119:144 The righteousness of thy testimonies is everlasting: give me understanding, and I shall live.
Ø Jer 17:14 Heal me, O LORD, and I shall be healed; save me, and I shall be saved: for thou art my praise.
Ø Mic 7:8 Rejoice not against me, O mine enemy: when I fall, I shall arise; when I sit in darkness, the LORD shall be a light unto me.

#3). LIVE PROSPEROUS
Ø Gen 39:7-10 And it came to pass after these things, that his master's wife cast her eyes upon Joseph; and she said, Lie with me. 8. But he refused, and said unto his master's wife, Behold, my master wotteth not what is with me in the house, and he hath committed all that he hath to my hand; 9. There is none greater in this house than I; neither hath he kept back any thing from me but thee, because thou art his wife: how then can I do this great wickedness, and sin against God? 10. And it came to pass, as she spake to Joseph day by day, that he hearkened not unto her, to lie by her, or to be with her.

No comments:

Post a Comment